June 28, 2008

Breakfast, 11:45 a.m.

My friend Leslie and I sort of had tentative plans to maybe
do lunch, so I stayed in bed until she called, because I
wasn't going to get up if we weren't going to meet for lunch.
Hence my breakfast is a bowl of chili. I resisted the
temptation of onion rings, and topped it with tortilla chips
rather than cheese. It took a great deal of willpower.

Snack, 5:00 p.m.

Fruit salad. (Nope...it's not gone yet. There's still more
in the fridge.)

Dinner, 8:15 p.m.

Hamburger (no cheese -- but only because we didn't have
any) and sliced new potatoes...cooked in butter and pepper.

Snack, 10:15 p.m.

Small "Tropical" Blizzard -- totally not worth the calories or
the $3.78. I have been wanting a cookie dough blizzard all
week, but I got to DQ and remembered that my favorite in
high school was the Hawaiian Blizzard. So, I tried to order
that. The cashier told me it was called a Tropical Blizzard
now. OK, I figured they just changed the name. I made
sure to say, "But it's the same thing, right?" She confirmed.
IT IS NOT THE SAME THING. A Hawaiian Blizzard was
pineapple, banana, and coconut. This horrible concoction
was coconut, pecans, and -- I shit you not -- ONE small
banana chunk. I'm sorry, but pecans are not tropical.
Pecans are something you put in brownies and pie. And one
banana slice? Fucking come on.

1 comment:

Urs said...

Pecans are "southern" - definitely not tropical. You actually did a decent job today - not perfect, but better than normal.