February 26, 2009

Breakfast, 9:00 a.m.

Light blueberry yogurt and peanut butter on wheat toast.

Lunch, 11:30 a.m.
NOT PICTURED: Today was our monthly faculty meeting, so lunch was on the college. I had a cup of vegetable beef soup, two breadsticks, a few Saltines, a cookie, and a *very* small salad (no dressing, but with bacon bits, croutons, tomatoes, and sunflower seeds).

Snack, 3:30 p.m.

I spent all day in my office (minus the faculty meeting) frantically grading papers and calculating midterm grades, which were due to the registrar by 4:30. I needed a vending machine pick-me-up to get through it all. I finished the midterm madness with 12 minutes to spare, and I feel that my snack deserves much of the credit for that. Also? One of the weird things about Wisconsin is that Mountain Dew is everywhere, and it's not only the choice beverage of gamers and trailer trash. You'd never find a Diet Mountain Dew in a vending machine in Anchorage, for example. Here, though, it would be weird not to find it.

Dinner, 6:45 p.m.

Frozen pizza. I always pick the olives off, but I've recently grown to like peppers on my pizza.

No comments: