November 21, 2008

Breakfast, 6:45 a.m.

Peanut butter on wheat toast, and light blueberry yogurt.

Lunch, 11:30 a.m.

My friend Alaska Lauren (who is now Portland Lauren, I suppose; as opposed to Minneapolis Lauren) sent me a sweet lunch box in the mail. It arrived on Tuesday -- the shittiest day ever (in which I discover that I have to pull a course out of my ass in no time flat). It couldn't have been better timing, really; at least I had something to be happy about for a few minutes. Anyway, I've decided to say, "fuck being a grownup at work." Well...sort of. I've been carrying a purse to give more of an adult impression, since I look younger than half of the students, and I will continue to carry the purse...but why not use a lunch box for my lunch? It seems like a good compromise to me, and a good way to retain at least a little of my personality.

Snack, 5:00 p.m.

Leftover pizza.

Dinner, 10:45 p.m.

Taco soup...and some Fritos. This is a recipe I found in the Kraft Food & Family magazine my friend Lisa told me to sign up for. It's sweet -- a free magazine that shows every few months packed with recipes. OK, yes, the recipes are thinly disguised ads for Kraft products -- they wanted me to use Kraft shredded cheddar for this recipe (I used Costco) -- but so far I've had good luck with finding quick and easy dinners that also taste pretty good.

Snack, 1:30 a.m.

This seemed like the biggest apple in the universe. I put Jon in charge of selecting the fruit on our last grocery run, so it's all monster-sized. The apples are bigger than my fist. Next time I eat one, I'll have to set it next to something for comparison.

No comments: