July 28, 2009

Door County, Day 4

Breakfast, 9:30 a.m.

A bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Nothing like sugar for breakfast...

Lunch, 12:30 p.m.

Big Lare and I had chili and cheese curds at Mike's Port Pub. This is my favorite chili in the whole world.

Snack, 4:00 p.m.

Little Susan and I were in Sister Bay because she wanted to go to Tannenbaum...and since Tannenbaum is right across the street from the ice cream factory, we stopped by. I had a kid-sized scoop of Blue Moon. Little Susan refrained because she didn't want to spoil her dinner...but she did buy a pint for later. :)

Dinner, 5:30 p.m.

Chicken breast, hashbrowns, and toast. Also, blueberries and canteloupe (not pictured).

Snacks, afternoon & evening

I really need more self control. Having snacks just sitting on the table is dangerous. If it's in front of me, I eat it. That needs to stop.

Snack, 10:00 p.m.

Little Susan busted out her pint of Turtle Sundae and we each had a small dish. I'd say it was roughly the equivalent of a kid's cone, or maybe a little bigger...but definitely not as much cream as if I'd walked into the store and ordered a single scoop.


...and just for fun, here's a shot of the New Kids on the Block doll I found at a flea market today. It's Danny in all his mulleted glory. You can't see from this shoddy cell phone picture, unfortunately, but he's even got a long flowing rat tail! It's hot.

2 comments:

IngridLee said...

My mouth is watering from the picture at Mike's....so jealous right now!

Sig. said...

It was pretty spectacular. :)

Toddy asked about you when I was at the factory. He was quite surprised to hear that you were still in Praha. And Betsy's shop is vacant -- any idea what's up with that?