November 13, 2008

A Week's Worth of Food

...this was a bad week for posting. I'm going to Minneapolis this weekend because Jon's cousin is getting married, so this whole week has consisted of me working my butt off in preparation for the weekend. I know I won't get anything done while I'm gone, and I didn't want won't have any grading or lesson planning to do when I get home on Sunday night after a long six hour drive, so...I did absolutely nothing this week but work and run errands. It didn't help my "get ahead" plan that it was a very busy week at school -- lots of meetings, lots of students in my office, and so on. I wasn't 100% successful at finishing everything, but there's very little left for me to do when I get home on Sunday night, and it's mostly easy stuff, so that's a good thing. Anyway...here's my foods. No more posts until Monday at the earliest, because I'm not bringing my laptop with me and I really doubt I'll get around to it Sunday night.

Monday, November 10

Breakfast

Peanut butter on wheat toast, and light blueberry yogurt.

Lunch

The usual assortment of stuff.

After School Snack

Tangerine.

Dinner
NOT PICTURED: Shrimp alfredo from Chili's. I only ate about half of it.

Snack

This is so Wisconsin of me. The crackers are reduced fat, and the cheese isn't as bad as I thought -- only 80 calories for 2 tablespoons. That's less than half the calories in the same amount of peanut butter.

Snack

My new favorite "ice ream." I had half of the pint.

Tuesday, November 11

Breakfast

The usual.

Lunch

Also the usual -- but with a hard boiled egg!

Dinner

Homemade chicken soup and au gratin potatoes. The soup is better when my sister makes it, but I think I did an OK job. Jon ate it, and he's picky, so that's a good sign.

Snack

This snack indicates that I am becoming my father. I mean, port wine cheddar cheese spread? Really? What happened is that I saw it at the grocery store, and I just needed it. That happens sometimes.

Wednesday, November 12

Breakfast

Light strawberry banana yogurt and peanut butter on wheat toast.

Lunch

Same old, same old. That's what happens when you buy in bulk at Costco.

Dinner

Leftover shrimp pasta from Chili's.

Snack

Grading fuel! Going strong on the cheese spread while grading like a crazy person.

Snack

Reward for grading an entire section of grammar papers in one sitting. It was brutal. I deserved this.

Thursday, November 13

Breakfast

Peanut butter on wheat toast and light blueberry yogurt.

Lunch

I had a very late lunch today. I'd planned to eat after my morning meetings and before my doctor's appointment, but the meetings ran late. Well. After the doctor I had to run to the mechanic to get my alignment fixed before the big trip to Minneapolis. (It's a 6 hour drive from here -- like Anchorage to Valdez.) So...it was about 3:30 before I got to have lunch. That was not cool.

Dinner

More soup.

Snack

Tangerine.

No comments: