October 30, 2008

Announcement: I am participating in a student-led dietary study at my college. The school is really big on "Student as Practitioner" projects, meaning that students don't just sit in the classroom and learn out of books...they actually do stuff. This means that the faculty often get recruited to be the guinea pigs. For this study, I'm going to be paired with a student who is taking a nutrition course taught by a basketball coach, and this student is going to have access to my diet for a week. Then this student, who I probably know (or who at least knows half of my students since the school is so damn small), will know just how poorly I eat and will try and tell me how to fix my diet. Bah. At least it'll be something to put in my tenure file: "Encouraged college's SAP objective by participating in student study for Nutrition 101." Of course, that means I'll have to do a paper version of this blog for that week too, because no way am I giving a student this URL. AND, I'll have to record all of my diet sodas, too. How embarrassing. Anyway...

Breakfast, 9:45 a.m.

Peanut butter on wheat toast and strawberry yogurt.

Lunch, 11:30 a.m.
It was faculty meeting day, which meant eating a food services-catered lunch with my colleagues, and not photographing it because I don't want them to know that I'm neurotic. I had a tiny little bit of salad (the lettuce was kinda wilty, and since I don't like salad in the first place...well...ick), a cup of vegetable soup, two breadsticks, and a cookie.

Dinner, 5:30 p.m.

It was a long day. Faculty meeting, meeting with the Great Lakes Writers Festival director, mentor meeting. I was starving by the time I finally left school and drove back to Sheboygan -- way too starving to wait another hour to eat, which is what would have happened if I had cooked. So...I had Culver's. Again. This is a bowl of chili and an order of onion rings -- a delicious and filling meal for under $5. Gotta love that.

Snack, 8:00 p.m.

Freeze dried apples. Yummy, but about as un-filling as it gets.
Snack, 10:45 p.m.

I was really hungry, so I ate almost this whole container of my mom's home-made applesauce. It was in my freezer from when she came to visit.

No comments: