July 24, 2008

Breakfast, 9:30 a.m.

Peanut butter on wheat bread, and a peach. My throat
still hurts, but other than that I'm feeling much better
today.

Lunch, 1:30 p.m.

I microwaved a single-serving lasagna.

Snack, 4:30 p.m.

Lowfat cottage cheese. This is a 1 lb. container, and I
ate a good portion of it. It felt very good on my throat,
all cold and slimy...so I kept eating even after I stopped
being hungry. I enjoyed it. I haven't had cottage
cheese in years, but I think I need to start eating it again.

Dinner, 6:30 p.m.


Why yes...that is sushi. And the appetizers were
edemamme and some weird chicken-and-veggie paste
that we spread on lettuce leaves and rolled up like
burritos. I have no idea what it's called. The dinner
itself was three kinds of sushi...one was way too spicy
for my liking, one was lobster and crab, and one was
called a "crunch" roll and I have no idea what was in it.
All in all, it wasn't a horrible experience, but also not one
that I'll be repeating any time soon. I ate one roll of each
type of sushi, a handful of edemamme, and one lettuce
burrito.

Oh...wait. You guys are probably wondering how the hell
I ended up in a sushi restaurant. Well, it's like this. I was
supposed to meet my writing center acquaintance Mary for
drinks. But, still being a little sickly, I didn't want to go to a
bar. I called and asked if she wanted to do dinner instead,
and told her to pick a place. I don't know Mary well enough
to wrinkle my nose and say, "Oh my god, ew," so I went to
the sushi place. And like I said...it wasn't bad. Not my style,
but edible. (In fact, the edemamme was quite good.) I don't
know what the deal is with Mary, but I really like her even
though I don't know her. Very few people could not only get
me out of the house when I'm feeling sickly, but also get me
to eat raw lobster. Seriously. Mary, you win a prize.

Snack, 11:40 p.m.

Raspberry sorbet. About half a pint.

2 comments:

E said...

Raw invertebrates seems like a bad plan, based on dissections I've done. Was it just gooey, or what?

Sig. said...

It was actually not too bad. There was also crab in that one -- mostly crab, I think.