July 1, 2008

Breakfast, 10:05 a.m.

A baggie of Honey Nut Cheerios to get me through the
hell of sitting in "my" office, grading papers at 9:30 a.m.
on a beautiful summer day -- basically the only nice one
we've had so far. Lame.

Lunch, 1:45 p.m.

Leftover pizza.

Dinner, 5:30 p.m.


Leftover turkey BBQ and Bakes Lays. My taste buds
are getting tired of leftovers.

Snack? Dinner #2? 11:15 p.m.

For once, I did a lot of running around at my softball
game. We were short on players, so there was a lot
of territory to cover in the outfield. Plus, I actually
hit the ball a few times, so I had to run the bases. All
this activity made my mostly sedentary self quite hungry.
But I had to go for a drink after the game, then I had to
read the chapter my students are reading for tomorrow's
class, then I had to figure out what to teach them...so by
the time I had done all of that, I was no longer quite hungry,
I was starving. My belly was even growling. A few grapes
would not have cut it. Hence the mac-n-cheese. Notice that
I'm eating it from a pot, off the floor. This is because we're
deep into "selling the furniture" mode and both the kitchen
and coffee tables have gone. Now, my work surface is...the
floor. So when I multi-task, I have to do it...on the floor. (The
pot is sheer laziness.)

No comments: